Tuesday 20 July 2010

Don't make me laugh bitterly...

Humour is a bizarre thing.

For example, the ubsurdist-acrobatic-Harold-Pinter-parodying nude show I went to see on Sunday night. Billed as "sexy and very, very funny", I in fact cringed my way through the allocated two hours, quaffing toxic cocktails at half time and sinking despairingly into my seat as three men simultaneously simulated oral sex on the female cast members.

The peculiar thing is that people LAUGHED! A lot!

Similarly, when partaking of my Saturday night installment of You've Been Framed I've mused about exactly why we think an elderly man tripping over his pet dog and falling headfirst into a partially-frozen and scum-filled pond is FUNNY. I mean, he could have broken a hip.

But... it just kinda is.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qhucVsq9CE


Please note the parents TRAUMATISING not one, but TWO of their offspring. And this has been watched by at least 450,000 people!! Upon showing this act of horrific child-abuse to a friend of mine, she laughed so hard she hyperventilated.

For more trauma and deprivation, please enjoy the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u696R5GQEQ

:p

1 comment: